• December 7College RSD forms are due this Friday! 12/8/17

How to Survive Freshman Year

Incoming freshmen have a lot to prepare for in the coming years, here are just a few tips to get started.

Nadia Chin, Staff Writer

-Don’t be afraid to socialize, talk to your new classmates or even someone in your lunch period.

– DO NOT PROCRASTINATE, homework does matter and will affect your grades.

– Always respect your peers and most importantly your teachers, the way you present yourself to those around you will leave a permanent impression throughout the rest of your high school career.

– Join sports, clubs and any other extra curricular activities, it’ll make your school year more exciting.

– Don’t focus on the materialistic things like relationships or wanting to be better than anyone else, it may break your focus in school.

– Understand the rules of the school. Keep on one side of the hallway, avoid crowding and listen to adults when they ask you to do something.

– If you see something wrong, don’t be afraid to speak up. Keeping quiet in a situation will only make matters worse.

– Always motivate yourself to be better than you were last week or even yesterday. This is the time where you must be able to grow and change.

– Don’t be afraid of new experiences, things may seem scary at first but will soon be worth it. Take risks that’ll benefit you at some point in school.

– Just have fun! High school does go by fast, so make the most of it while you can. Have memories of the good things that you’ll always want to remember.

The student news site of Curtis High School
How to Survive Freshman Year