• December 7College RSD forms are due this Friday! 12/8/17

Shortlived Trends

Remember these? These recent trends came and went but it is always fun to reflect on the past.

Carla Dadulla, Staff Writer

Throughout the years we have gone through many short lived trends. Maybe you can remember nyan cat, the cinnamon challenge, sillybandz and rainbow loom bracelets. Some trends are out of hand one day then completely gone the next, like fidget spinners. As a teacher Mrs. Pizzano never liked the trend and said, “They [fidget spinners] had their moment, but I’m glad they are gone. Despite advertising that they “helped kids concentrate” fidget spinners did the opposite”. Water bottle flipping also became an extensive trend and Jessica Wallace thinks that it is “entertaining under some circumstances”.

Some people get famous from trending on the internet, even if it’s for a short period. You might not even know their real names, but for the things they did for example: Danielle Bregoli and Nusret Gökçe. Danielle is a teen with an attitude that became famous for saying, “Catch me outside”. Zoe, a student at Curtis said, “Her fame was unnecessary and the plug should be pulled on her fame.” Nusret Gökçe is a chef known as “Salt Bae” simply got famous for posting a video of him sprinkling salt on steak.

With so many people on the internet, it’s so easy for things to be continuously shared until it take over and there are so many new things to be shared every day.

The student news site of Curtis High School
Shortlived Trends